Cryptic crossword: Setting Up Camp

Time for some full-sized cryptics on this blog.

Despite the bigger portions, the style will remain much the same as my bite-sized ones. I aim to make puzzles that are crafted with care and which are solvable with little more than a reasonable grasp of the English language, some familiarity with cryptics and a bit of clever thinking. Rather than delve deep into trivia or the dustiest pages of the dictionary, I hope to challenge you to look at familiar words in unfamiliar ways.

A big thank you to Joeadultman for testing and feedback on this puzzle. I highly recommend you also check out his excellent cryptics.

If you have any comments, please leave them below, on MyCrossword, or by tracking me down on Discord. I'm always looking to refine my craft and welcome all feedback.

I hope you enjoy the puzzle.

💡
Wordplay explanations are shown by the Reveal this and Reveal all buttons

Comments